The more focused I am on doing just one thing each day for myself and for others, the more I come to understand that as trite as it sounds, the little things really do mean a lot. As I look back on the day, I compiled a list of the things I did today that I hope made a positive difference in the world. In no particular order, here’s what transpired today . . .
- I began my Monday morning with 10 minutes of meditation, which was a challenge for me in so many ways, but I did it and liked it actually.
- I treated myself to my favorite hot green tea, which is called “Zen” no less, so, I carried the meditation theme with me throughout the morning.
- I checked on someone’s home and took care of their fish while they are out-of-town.
- I bought a birthday card to send to a friend.
- I helped a friend replace some lost concert tickets.
- I listened and talked with one of the men at the day shelter who is going through a tough time right now, and I shared a bit about my own experience with depression and offered him support.
- I prayed for myself and for several people whom I care about a great deal.
So, I did a lot of little things today that I hope measured up, and I will look for more ways to do good tomorrow.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day