I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the very talented and gracious Veronika whose blog is “Travel Live Life”. I cannot thank her enough for taking the time to read what I write and thinking enough of it that she also nominated me for this award. Many, many heartfelt thanks!
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award” then. I have to say that these ‘awards’ provide wonderful ways of discovering new blogs and building community.
The rules are:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself • Answer your nominator’s 11 questions • Nominate 11 deserving blogs with less than 200 followers and ask them 11 questions
11 Random facts about myself
* I sleep with a thermal receiving blanket.
* I am scared of balloons.
* I am a Leo.
* I love music of all kinds, even though I cannot read or play it.
* I am a southerner raised by Yankee parents, which I jokingly refer to as my “secret shame”.
* I am far more spiritual than religious, despite being a cradle Catholic.
*I think the relationship I have with my ex-husband is healthier than the relationship some people have with their spouse.
* I wear my heart on my sleeve.
* I want a tattoo, but I am scared of needles, “buyer’s remorse”, and my father’s reaction:)
* I am a believer in “messengers” or mediums.
* I am both a dreamer and a doer.
Here are my questions to Veronika’s questions:
1. The reason(s) you blog?
It is my hope that I can encourage, educate, and entertain others with my stories and experiences, and I want to become a professional writer.
2. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
The craziest thing I have ever done in my life is to literally go crazy. If you have followed my blog, then you understand what I mean.
3. Who do you look up to and why?
I look up to the men at the day shelter for homeless men where I work, because their determination, perseverance, strength on a number of levels, gratitude, and kindness in the face of having next to nothing at all to call their own motivate, inspire, and humble me daily. I am immensely proud of them.
4. If you would have a chance to move to another country. Which country you would pick and why?
I fell in love with Italy when I visited there in 1990. The food was amazing, the landscape was stunning, the language is like spoken poetry, and the people were more gracious and animated than any other people I have ever met. Te amo, Italia!!!
5. Who you wanted to become in the future when you were a kid?
I always thought that I would be an elementary school teacher who was married to my high school sweetheart with four children. For the record, none of those things happened, and I am absolutely fine with that.
6. Favorite desert?
That’s a “Sophie’s Choice” type question for me, because I LOVE desserts of all kinds, but I am partial to Kentucky Derby pie and anything chocolate.
7. What was your most memorable trip and where?
My most memorable trip was with my oldest sister when we spent a few weeks traveling in Europe in 1990. We went to England, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, etc.
8. What keeps you motivated to blog?
Writing is as much a part of me as breathing, and I couldn’t stop, even if I wanted to do so.
9. What are the top 5 places that you would like to see ?
I would love to see Hawaii, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, and Poland.
10. Coffee or Tea?
I do not drink coffee at all, so, it is tea, preferably green ginger tea, for me.
11. Favorite movie(s) ?
Some of my favorite movies are, in no certain order, “Platoon”, “Goodfellas”, “The Pianist”, “Old School”, “A Fish Called Wanda”, “Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage”, “Gone with the Wind”, etc.
- Action Potential Wellness
- Meditation Photography
- Anything But Normal
- The Pledge of Kindness
- 365 Cups of Kindness
- Mansquees from Polleydan
- Almost Spring
- Follow Your Heart and Life Will Follow
- Just a Little Practice
- Kind of Mind
- Tales from Along the Homeless Trail
Here are my eleven questions:
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Who was your first crush and where are they now?
- If you could be anything in the world, what would you be?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment in your life so far?
- What song describes you best?
- If you could have landed the starring role in any film, what role would you have played in which film?
- What are you most looking forward to this summer?
- What book could you read again and again?
- Where do you feel happiest?
- What led you to begin your blog?
- What is one goal you have for yourself during 2013?
Here’s to all of the bloggers who write from their hearts and share their stories . . .
Categories: That's Another Story