Happy New Year!!! Yes, I am well aware that it is July 1, not January 1, so, it is actually ‘Happy New Year and a Half’, but ‘Happy New Year’ sounded better. Either way, I hope that this new day, new week, and new month, as well as the half way mark of 2013, remind you that every day is the chance to start over, to try again, and to take another step toward the life you want. There is no time like the present, so, whatever it is that you want, need, and desire in your life, commit to making it a reality.
As I look back on the year so far, I am pleased overall with the progress I have made to date, and I also am recommitting myself with a new level of motivation and anticipation to accomplishing the remainder of my goals. Here are some of the things that I will be focusing on for the rest of this year:
- Physical: reach my goal weight, continue to exercise 5-7 days per week, eat ‘clean’ at least 80% of the time
- Mental: read at least one book per month, continue to blog on a regular basis
- Emotional: practice positive self-talk and meditation to continue managing the stress, anxiety, and depression
- Spiritual: pray and meditate daily
- One other goal that is in a category in and of itself is to write professionally, and achieving this goal will be a means of achieving even more goals.
- I have another goal that is near and dear to my heart, and while I do not wish to share it here, just know that I have another dream that I am working on, partly by letting go of the outcome.
Before 2013 commenced, every time I envisioned it, the word ‘amazing’ kept coming to mind, and I still feel that way. I fully expect that six months from today, I will be smiling big time, as I recall 2013 with great joy and fondness, and I will be asking myself how I am going to top it.
So, as you look back over the past six months and look forward toward the upcoming six months, what do you see? What have you already accomplished? What else do you want to do this year? Make your intentions clear, and keep going until they manifest themselves in your life. At the end of the year, I truly hope that you, too, describe it as ‘amazing’.
That’s another story . . .
Categories: That's Another Story