Slowly and surely, I am getting back into a regular routine, after being out-of-town at a conference for almost a week and enjoying a long weekend with my special friend. I am looking forward to using the first day of a new month to motivate me to get back on track, but today, I decided to look for ways to be kind to myself and to others throughout the day. In no particular order, here is how my kindness comeback unfolded:
- I took time this morning to listen to a colleague who is struggling with a personal issue. I was able to switch gears from being a co-worker to being a friend, and I empathized with them, as I, too, have dealt with my own issues that have left me feeling anxious and depressed. My co-worker needed some support, and I was glad that I was the one who could provide it.
- I ate a delicious and nutritious breakfast of low-fat yogurt, berries, and homemade organic granola, and I washed it down with ginger tea.
- When my special friend reached out to me to let me know that they were having a less than stellar day, I responded with supportive, caring words and practical solutions.
- I left a very generous tip to thank the baristas at Please & Thank You for always offering superb customer service.
- My daughters and I bought a ‘thank you’ card and gift to present to their babysitter for being such a wonderful caregiver this summer.
- I took all of my vitamins, supplements, and medicine to help keep me healthy and feeling great.
As this month comes to an end, I am glad that it is going out on a positive note, and I cannot wait to see what August will bring. It is my birthday month, so, I expect it to be nothing short of amazing. So, get ready!
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day