After being taken down by a most unpleasant combination of a cold and a stomach virus late last week, I feel like I just now am returning to a state of better physical and emotional health. After spending the better part of a week battling germs and negative thoughts and feelings, I was determined to get back on track today, and the best way to do that is to get back to basics. So, here are some simple, positive steps I took to do some good for others and for myself:
- I treated myself to a drive down River Road and to my favorite ginger tea on the way to work to put me in a positive frame of mind for the day.
- I sent my special friend a text to say “good morning” and to let him know that he was in my thoughts.
- I made a conscious effort to greet people with a smile and kind words and to be present and engaged during our conversations.
- I chose healthy lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables to nourish and fuel my body.
- I called my daughters to hear about their day and to tell them that I love them.
- I thanked my mom for her ongoing support and help.
- I focused on everything that makes my life perfectly flawed and great overall.
I did not discover a cure for an incurable disease, end poverty or world hunger, or re-open the U.S. government for business, but I made every effort to have a good day and hope that I added a bit of goodness to the day for others, too.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day
Every time I read your bogs I always feel better. You set the mood of the day! Get started on that best seller!
Ed, thank you so much for your interest and kind words! It always is my hope to be able to educate, entertain, and/or encourage at least one person when I write, so, I am so glad to hear that this post was helpful to you. My dream is write professionally, so, stay tuned for the book signing. . . .
Thanks for sending a dose of gratitude and positiveness to lift my mood for the day.
as always, inspiring 🙂
Elizabeth, you are so gracious and kind, and please, know that you do the exact same for me, even half way around the world. Happy Saturday to you!