After being taken down by a most unpleasant combination of a cold and a stomach virus late last week, I feel like I just now am returning to a state of better physical and emotional health. After spending the better part of a week battling germs and negative thoughts and feelings, I was determined to get back on track today, and the best way to do that is to get back to basics. So, here are some simple, positive steps I took to do some good for others and for myself:
- I treated myself to a drive down River Road and to my favorite ginger tea on the way to work to put me in a positive frame of mind for the day.
- I sent my special friend a text to say “good morning” and to let him know that he was in my thoughts.
- I made a conscious effort to greet people with a smile and kind words and to be present and engaged during our conversations.
- I chose healthy lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables to nourish and fuel my body.
- I called my daughters to hear about their day and to tell them that I love them.
- I thanked my mom for her ongoing support and help.
- I focused on everything that makes my life perfectly flawed and great overall.
I did not discover a cure for an incurable disease, end poverty or world hunger, or re-open the U.S. government for business, but I made every effort to have a good day and hope that I added a bit of goodness to the day for others, too.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day