I truly do love Sunday mornings. They have become my sacred time to reflect on the past, present, and future and to re-energize physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally, and on this Sunday morning, I began doing some good in my life and in the lives of others before sunrise. This day is off to a peaceful and happy start, and it is my intention to keep that positive trend going until sunset and beyond.
In just the few hours that I have been up and at ’em, I have made the choice to do a number of positive things for myself, as I:
- Finished another chapter of Joel Osteen’s book, “Break Out”.
- Savored several cups of hot green tea.
- Made a mental “To Do” list that combines productive and leisure activities.
Even though I am alone at home this morning, I still found some simple ways to hopefully make a positive difference in the lives of others, as I:
- Exchanged morning texts with my special friend that included words of support and humor.
- Posted a note about gratitude on my blog’s Facebook page, That’s Another Story, to encourage others to join in me in focusing on giving thanks, especially during the month of November.
- Prayed for my family and friends and gave thanks for their presence in my life.
Even though I already have performed several acts of kindness for myself and others on this gorgeous Sunday morning, I am not resting on my laurels, as there always is much more good to be done, to be practiced, to be shared, and to be enjoyed. So, onward I go, and as I go, I take goodness with me.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day