Rain ushered in the new week, but it could not dampen my spirits or wash away my commitment to being kind to myself and others today. As I went through the day, I was reminded at every turn that small acts of kindness are every bit of important as grander acts. Too often, I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of every day life, and I miss out on the opportunity to practice being positive and kind. Today, though, I slowed down and decided to show kindness, instead of letting the chance to do so pass me by:
- Instead of allowing myself to be overwhelmed by the myriad of tasks to be completed at work, I focused on how fortunate I am to have a job and reminded myself that I have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and doing good work.
- Instead of worrying about a major decision on the horizon, I gave thanks for the opportunity that has been presented to me and trusted that I would make the best decision when the time comes.
- Instead of confining myself to my desk, I helped out in the day shelter for homeless men where I work and took the time to chat with the guests and actively listened to each person for as long as they wanted to talk with me.
- Instead of spending the evening tackling household chores, I went to my younger daughter’s basketball scrimmage to cheer for her and the rest of her team.
- Instead of sabotaging my health and wellness plans, I honored them, even when tempted not to do so.
- Instead of operating from a scarcity mindset, I invested in my IRA and sent in a contribution to my high school.
Being kind and positive comes down to the choices I make regarding what I say, do, and think, and today, I chose wisely.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day