I had a much-needed day off from work to begin this new week, but I didn’t take the day off from being kind. To start the week on a positive note, I found some small ways to be kind to myself and to some other special people in my life. Nothing I did was earth shattering, but it is my hope that these small deeds made a positive impact for all involved.
- I took one of my best friends, Wood, to his physical therapist’s office, so, he could schedule the therapy that will help him to recover from his recent hip replacement surgery.
- Following Wood’s appointment, I treated him to his favorite fruit smoothie at the wellness center where we first met eleven years ago, and we shared some laughs and great conversation along the way.
- I had a therapeutic massage that was healing and relaxing, and I scheduled another appointment for March. This definitely is one of my favorite forms of self-care, and if I ever win the lottery, I am hiring a full-time massage therapist straight away!
- I treated my daughters to a special treat at one of our favorite local spots after school, and we engaged in a meaningful conversation about a variety of subjects. They may not remember our talk, but I certainly will, as it made me love them all the more, if that is even possible.
- I went to the dentist for my six month check-up, as I am a firm believer in preventive care when it comes to my physical health.
- As this day ends, I am counting all of the many blessings from today and feeling overwhelming grateful for all of the small things that make doing positive things for myself and others such a big deal.
It was another great day, and I am so happy that these kinds of days far outnumber the days that leave me feeling anxious and weary. I look forward to creating more days like this one.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day
Fantastic thoughts on kindness and self-kindness. These are very motivating. Thanks
As always, thank you so much, Elizabeth, as your kind words make that great day all the sweeter! I hope that you taking good care of yourself and having a wonderful week. We’ve got this!
I am calling first thing in the morning and scheduling a massage! It is the one most beneficial ways to take care of myself and somehow I manage to overlook it more times than not. Again it’s amazing how things work, yet another reminder I needed! 🙂
I hope that you were able to schedule a massage, in addition to finding other ways to treat yourself to something special, as you deserve it!
I actually have not…yet, I was finally able to get a little sleep which is good and today I worked my assignments and cleaned the house. Cleaning is therapeutic in so many ways for me. So tomorrow I hope to have some “free time” for me and some much needed self care 🙂
Like you, I find cleaning to be very therapeutic, so, I understand. When you are ready, treat yourself to something nice, and take good care of your Boss self!