In addition to being Presidents Day, it also happens to be Random Acts of Kindness Day. Well, at least, that’s what it says on my daughters’ school calendar, and who am I to question that! So, on this day dedicated to kindness, I set out to intentionally and randomly act kindly and positively toward myself and others. With the day half over, this is what I have accomplished so far:
- I took full advantage of my day off of work by sleeping in a bit and still getting in a really good workout before taking my daughters to school.
- I called a friend to catch up this morning.
- I treated myself to a relaxing and soothing pedicure and manicure.
- I left a generous tip and thanked the nail technician for helping make my feet and hands look and feel fantastic.
- I wrote a thank you note to a special family for hosting a basketball party for my youngest daughters’ basketball team.
- I paid for a stranger’s order at Starbucks when I stopped for some hot green Zen tea.
- I am in the process of organizing a night out for some wonderful women I have become friends with over the past few months.
- I have given silent thanks throughout the day for all of the blessings in my life and have allowed myself to feel content, happy, and grateful.
This Monday has been marked by acts of kindness that have kicked off the week on a wonderful note, and I look forward to seeing what else I can do for the rest of the day and beyond!
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day