Disclaimer: I am on my second day of being home sick with a yet-to-be-determined malady, and while I feel like writing, there is simply no telling what thoughts will emerge, as my brain and body remain in an illness induced fog of sorts. This may very well be an exercise in futility, but I won’t let that threat prevent me from sharing some random thoughts from the past two days. . .
- Even though I just went to the grocery store a day prior to succumbing to this virus, my body invariably has craved every single thing that I do not have in my pantry and refrigerator/freezer.
- While I often fantasize about spending a day curled up with a cup of tea while losing myself in an incredible book, I have spent these last two days sprawled on my couch, dehydrated, and unable to focus on anything other than reality television shows. The only upside to this is that I now feel much better about certain aspects of my own life after watching the lives of others play out on the small screen.
- When an e-mail, text, or telephone call begins with, ‘I am sorry to bother you while you are home sick . . .’, whatever is to follow definitely will either be bothersome or leave me feeling even worse.
- Despite how single women are portrayed on some television shows, trust me, the only thing ravaging my body at the moment is a fever, and I am spending the day in bed alone with my germs. Definitely not sexy or glamorous!
- Taking a long, hot shower when feeling sick is the equivalent of running a marathon, as I am glad I did it, but utterly exhausted afterward.
- I seriously am thinking of lobbying to make pajamas acceptable day wear ala Hugh Hefner.
- Along with bringing back pajamas during the daylight hours, I also would love to institute mandatory nap time . . . for adults.
I hope to shake off this sickness sooner than later, because I already am sick and tired of being sick and tired. For now, though, I will rest.
That’s another story . . .
Categories: That's Another Story
feel better soon!
Thank you so much; I hope to be on the mend sooner than later!
Oh Kristi, I have been terribly sick all week. Still had to work with overtime as well. A trip to the lttle clinic and still feel bad. Get well soon. We all need you.
Ed, I hope that you are on the mend soon, too, and I appreciate the well wishes.