Today was a very ordinary and lazy Sunday, and I reveled in it. Even though I did a whole lot of nothing, I got something out of it and have much to be grateful for as the day comes to an end:
- Pajama day! For the first time in a very long time, I spent the entire day at home in a pair of warm and cozy pajamas. It felt like a decadent treat.
- An afternoon nap. I dozed off for a bit this afternoon wrapped up in my favorite blanket, which allowed my body and mind a chance to rest and recuperate.
- Texts, emails, and messages from friends far and near. Even though I spent the entire day all by myself, I certainly wasn’t alone thanks to various communications from loved ones.
- NFL football. Even though my Minnesota Vikings lost today, I enjoy spending Sundays watching football.
- The opportunity to support my friend, Jennifer. Jennifer is battling lymphoma for the second time in five years, and two of her friends set up a GoFundMe account to help defray her medical costs. She has always been in my corner, and I was grateful to have the opportunity to both contribute to this worthy cause and to help spread the word. It is a small way to repay her for supporting me and to help her beat this disease once and for all.
- Being able to pay my bills in full and on time. While I don’t enjoy finding bills in my mailbox, I am thankful that I have been able to cover them each month. Not being able to do so was one of my fears when I got divorced 4 years ago and one of my fears as I face medical treatment for breast cancer, so, today, it felt really good to be financially stable.
It is funny how even the most ordinary of days and moments end up being pretty special, and I am thankful that I continue to take time to notice them.
Just one thing each day . . .
Categories: Just One Thing Each Day