Tomorrow is the moment that many people have been waiting for these past few months. It’s the first day of spring, even if some places are still in the throes of winter or in the midst of a summerlike heat wave. Spring, that beacon of light during the dark winter months, is almost here!
While winter is a time to slow down and hibernate and has its own unique natural beauty to enjoy, it can be a difficult season for some. With frigid temperatures and limited sunshine, winter can take its toll on us physically and mentally.
If winter has left you feeling depleted, this new season is an opportune time to regroup and refocus on what is important to you. As we shake off the winter doldrums and the days grow longer, brighter, and warmer, we can renew our body, mind, and spirit.
To jump start your spring renewal, try to incorporate some of these techniques:
- Spring clean. Letting go of physical clutter, doing a deep cleaning, and sprucing up your home décor can do wonders, in terms of how you feel. Create a space that reflects who you are and that makes you feel safe, centered, and happy.
- Declutter your mind. Take stock of what thoughts no longer serve you well and that hold you back. Then, replace them with new thoughts that you believe and that make you feel even slightly better. A thought is just a sentence, not an ironclad fact, and we can change it any time. Be mindful of your thoughts, get curious about them, and change them to ones that support you, as needed.
- Spend time in nature. Research shows that being outdoors for as little as 10 minutes reduces blood pressure, lowers heart rate, and decreases stress and anxiety. Take a walk. Play at your local park. Go on a hike. Sit outside to read. Bird watch.
- Bring the outdoors indoors. Depending on your seasonal allergies, you may want to throw open your windows to let the fresh air flow through your home. Add a new plant or some flowers to brighten up your living space.
- Schedule a physical exam. If being healthier is one of your goals, schedule a physical exam with your healthcare provider to devise a plan that is safe and effective to help you reach your optimal level of health and to address any underlying conditions or illnesses.
- Indulge in seasonal fruits and vegetables. Get out of a food rut by heading to the local farmers market to rediscover your favorite vegetables and fruit or to try something new. You will benefit from farm fresh food, and the farmers will benefit from your support. It’s a win-win!
- Plan a fun activity/trip with family or friends. Now that everyone is emerging from hibernation, plan something to look forward to in the months to come. Go on a weekend getaway. Plan a staycation to explore your hometown. Have a cookout or picnic.
There are countless ways to wake up your body, mind, and spirit as we head into spring, so, find what works best for you. Be intentional with choosing the thoughts, feelings, and actions that will support the life you have and the one you are continuing to create.
If you are looking for more ideas, tune in this Tuesday for the next podcast episode of Elev8 Your Life with Kristi, Redoing To Do Lists, to learn how I elev8ed my To Do List to make it more meaningful. Happy spring, you all!
That’s another story . . .
#springrenewal #spring #firstdayofspring #springtime #newseason #renewyourbodymindspirit #renewal #lifecoaching #lifecoach #elev8lifecoaching #elev8yourlifewithkristi
Categories: That's Another Story
Leave a Reply